Slack Panner [V4 Feb 19 2019]

Saltbearer

Slack Panner [V4 Feb 19 2019]

Post by Saltbearer »

Functions:

- Swap between L and R channel activity with a simple switch.
- Set minimum volume for each side.
- Adjust the speed of the swap. I went into this thinking of it as "adding slack", but I probably should've made min slow and max fast. *Shrug*
- Offset responses to state changes. This gave me a headache. Humans actually need sleep to think clearly. Originally there was only an In controller, but after waking up I realized that was stupid so I've added one for Outs. Also, I originally said I couldn't visualize how this simple process works, so take this, sleepy me: The channel volumes are controlled by stereo Sound2Ctls (I think realizing too late that stereo had to be enabled significantly contributed to my headache) listening for a DC signal or lack thereof. An Amplifier mixes DC from two others, one of which is inverted to cancel the other when you flip the switch. That Amplifier branches into a Delay and a Sound2Ctl [S2C] for each side, which connect to another Amp on each side, and each of those Amps goes into the Sound2Ctl for its side's volume. On switch, the S2C flips the Amp between L and R input. The delay, of course, delays the passing-on of the signal status to the Sound2Ctl by the amount you set for each state/end of the event.

This thing will make it easier for me to make a thing, maybe it'll make it easier for you to make a thing too.

EDIT July 31 2018 - Added a curved Sound2Ctl rate adjustment controller for better speed control, increased max in/out delay to 1000ms since there's been an update that increased ms delay ranges.

159 downloads on R2, with two in the short time I bumped to say it was broken. Hmm.

EDIT Feb 19 2019 - Switched to fine volume. Smoother?

V3 downloaded 71 times.
Attachments
So_ingMachine Slack Panner V4.sunsynth
(13.91 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Last edited by Saltbearer on Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Saltbearer

Re: Slack Panner [R2]

Post by Saltbearer »

Not that this was likely to be downloaded much at this point, but it̶'̶s̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶k̶e̶n̶. Possibly because of Sound2Ctls?

EDIT: Yep, that was fixed quickly!