SIne bank and additive synth modules

RIL

SIne bank and additive synth modules

Post by RIL »

Below I have attached 3 Sunvox modules that can be used as sine bank generators for additive synthesis. They are each made up of 9 sinewave generators and each tuned accordingly. They are placed inside a Metamodule with a number of user defined sliders for adjusting volume, amplitude, lfo's etc. Most is self explanatory. The difference between them is the addition of 1 vibrato in one and 2 vibratos in another plus in the third the example of output amplitude modulation. Good for organ like sounds and metallic sounds too as the generators can also be further detuned. I have actually manage to use metal modules for creating a similar patch on the MC909 driven by Sunvox with some interesting results especially with modulation. This bring hopefully software modular synthesis into the hands of hardware. Best wishes to you all on here and keep up the great Sunvox work you are doing. By the way the latest version is very good with the interpolator and drawing of values etc.
Attachments
Additivesythesis2.sunsynth
(11.81 KiB) Downloaded 470 times
Additivesythesis3.sunsynth
(12.25 KiB) Downloaded 471 times
Additivesythesis4.sunsynth
(12.9 KiB) Downloaded 471 times
El Nino

Re: SIne bank and additive synth modules

Post by El Nino »

Very cool.

May I ask you a question? Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding something obvious, but I see that you have base1 to base9 and that they represent all nine possible octaves...How did you tune them octaves apart like that?

When I looked within the individual sine generators I could not find out how you had done that.
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

I guess it must be modules window menu - module properties - relative note.
metamodules are blowing my mind over here
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

I've been studying peoples metamadules over the last few days. My mind is blown. Sunvox just gets more and more awesome.
Anyway, I added a few tweaks to one of your additive sine synths. Check it out! Very happy...
addiditivesine_tweaks.sunsynth
(16.36 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
RIL

Post by RIL »

Yes it was via the modules window.
RIL

Post by RIL »

P.s. Nice tweaking! Also I am very pleased also with the new Glide module which allow pitch bend from the controller keyboard wheel.